How to do a Wither Tracing
- Place the horse on level ground with his head in an upward riding position.
- If the head is down in grazing position the trace will not be accurate.
- Take a pliable piece of wire such as baling wire and mold this over the horse’s wither from side to side at the approximate point where the horn of a saddle would sit.
- Trace the outside of this wire on a sheet of paper.
- Trace the outside of the wire.
- Trace on 1 sheet of standard 8.5” by 11” paper turned sideways (landscaped).
- Draw a line on the paper and mark off 1” increments so can verify sizing is accurate after we print.
- Include breed of horse, age of horse, and type of saddle you are interested in.
- Use only 1 sheet of paper – we do not need more than that – matching up more than 1 is not accurate.
- Include your contact information.
- Do not text a picture – scan and email to [email protected].
Please call Frontier Equestrian at (417) 394-2298 with questions, or email us via our Contact Us page.